In-house counsel at insurance carriers and policyholder companies are invited to attend two programs at Thomson Hall in New York City on some of the most urgent topics they face today, HB CEO Tom Hagy has announced. While also open to attorneys and others, the programs are now 50% off to a limited number of in-house counsel, Hagy said.
The programs are:
All Sums, Reallocation & Settlement Credits, May 10, 2012, at Thomson Hall in New York
This program features mock oral arguments with judges and mediators. Topics include: All sums versus pro rata allocation; applying all sums to complex insurance programs; what happens after the “spike”?; and best practices in courtroom persuasion.
• Seth Tucker of Covington & Burling
• Mary Licari of Bates Carey Nicolaides LLP
• The Fundamentals: “All Sums” Versus Pro Rata Allocation, Terminology, and a Look Ahead
• So You’ve Got All Sums — Now What?: Applying All Sums to a Complex Insurance Program
• Settlement Credits vs. Contributions Against Non-Settling Insurers
• Contribution Actions Among Insurers
• Persuading a Court in an All Sums Case
• Lightning Round of Mock Oral Arguments
Additional Insured & Indemnification Conference, May 11, 2012, at Thomson Hall in New York
THe program will feature discussion on duty to defend; navigating priority of coverage; contractual indemnification and additional insured coverage; SIRS and deductibles; ethics; and perspectives from in-house counsel.
• Scott Godes of Dickstein Shapiro LLP
• Timothy Delahunt of Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak LLP
• I am an Additional Insured. I swear!
• Triggering The Duty To Defend Under Additional Insured Coverage
• Scope Of The Duty To Indemnify Under Additional Insured Endorsements
• Priority Of Coverage Where Additional Insured Coverage Exists
• Practical And Strategic Differences Between Contractual Indemnification And Additional Insured Coverage
• Issues With SIRS And Deductibles In The Additional Insured Context
• Ethical Considerations Particular To Additional Insured Coverage: Conflicts, Privilege And Confidentiality
HB is a leading provider of certified legal education conferences on insurance, reinsurance and torts. For more information visit www.LitigationConferences.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (484) 324-2755 x212. Hagy is former publisher of Mealey Publications Inc. and editor of Mealey’s Litigation Report: Insurance.
Thomson Hall is located on the 4th Floor at 195 Broadway, New York, NY 10007.