Date: December 10, 2009
Time: 2:00-3:40 pm ET
CLE Credit: 1.5-2.0 CLE credits, depending on state requirements. View the CLE credit details.
Didn’t Attend? Purchase the Teleconference Audio Package!
Attendees get the teleconference Audio Package for 50% off!
Agenda and Speakers
Trademark Selection and Clearance
• What is a Trademark?
• Selecting Trademarks
• Section 43(a) protection for unregistered marks
• Application Prosecution at USPTO
Policing and Use of Trademarks
• Watch Services, Official Gazette
• Proper use of a trademark
• Role of Federal Courts, TTAB and ICANN
• False Advertising
• Differences between U.S. and International Trademarks
Anne Gilson LaLonde, Author, Gilson on Trademarks, South Burlington, VT
Michelle Miller, Esq., Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione, Chicago
Janet Marvel, Esq., Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard & Geraldson LLP, Chicago