Recording Date: February 24, 2009
Duration: 94 minutes
Audio Package $149
You can still benefit from our programs! Video and Audio recordings are available for our conferences! Individually priced and packaged, each recording captures the information and insights delivered by our faculty. Listen to experts, gain new perspectives, and learn proven techniques.
Agenda and Speakers
How the Credit Crisis and Recent Bank Failures Have Impacted Litigation
• Disputes rising out of the lack of cash flow- what happens when one or more parties runs out of money when banks stop funding them?
• Construction defect claims related to the drop in the real estate market
• Litigation against banks when there are undispersed loans or a “stop notice”
• Builders suing lenders by making cross-claims in foreclosure actions
• Contract disputes: counterclaims, unpaid sums
• Collection claims in foreclosure: litigation on the rise between developers, banks and contractors
• How you can protect your client with contract terms that reflect the changing mood given the financial crisis: termination clauses, indemnity clauses, delay, change orders
Dan Toomey, Esq., Duane Morris, Washington, DC
Keith Hays, Esq., Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Ltd., Chicago
J. Michael Grier, Esq., Warden Triplett Grier, Kansas City, MO