Recording Date: February 23, 2010
Duration: 82 minutes
Self Study/Alternate Format CLE: Self-study credit may be available in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, LA, ME, NV, NH, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV and WY for watching a video or listening to an audio recording. Refer to your state bar’s MCLE guidelines for the number of reportable credits permissible via these formats.
Didn’t Attend? Purchase the Audio Package $149!
Purchase the teleconference Audio Package (includes MP3 audio recording files and handbook on CD). To order or learn more, click here, call 484-324-2755, or email email@example.com.
Attendees get the teleconference Audio Package for 50% off!
Agenda and Speakers
• A look at the number of cases filed and where? Are there more filings to come?
• Case and client screening
• Theories of liability and asserted defenses
• Causation concerns and stumbling blocks, if any?
• Assessing damages
• Trying vs. settling a case: the number of cases that are settling and why they aren’t tried?
• Recent jury judgments and the status of any pending appeals
• The Philadelphia punitive damage judgments: how were the cases alike, how did they differ and the impact of these punitive damages on other case
• Will the Philadelphia cases be overturned?
• Pfizer’s reaction
• MDL Update-What is happening generally, as well as with remands
Neil Overholtz, Esq., Aylstock, Witkin, Kreis & Overholtz, P.L.C., Pensacola, FL
Brian Ketterer, Esq., Janet, Jenner & Suggs, LLC, Baltimore, MD