Date: November 8, 2011
Duration: 1 hr 27 min
Click here to download the order form or call 484-324-2755.
The Defining Trends in Chinese Drywall and Domestic Drywall Cases
- The recent CDW settlement opt-out decisions coming out of Florida – Why and how they came about
- Do the recent decisions differ in any way?
- How will the opt-out decisions impact the settlements within the Federal MDL?
- Understanding the Federal MDL settlements, who can benefit from them and the hurdles going forward
- The nexus between forum and coverage – Where do you want to be and best practices for getting there
- Choice of law: Assumptions leave coverage on the table
- Domestic drywall: Different beast with the same bite
- Who are the defendants in these cases?
- Domestic drywall 101: case theories and asserted defenses
- The Defect: How is it similar or different from CDW defect?
- Number of potential claims and case intake/screening concerns
- Damages – assessing and proving them? Is the strategy different from CDW cases?
- Domestic cases and the relation, if any, to the MDL
Greg Weiss, Leopold Kuvin, P.A.
Matthew Jacobs, Jenner & Block LLP
Robert Kelly, Esq., Jackson & Campbell, P.C.
Bob Brown, III, Esq., Baron & Budd, P.C.